Spread Betting is an exciting, thrilling and popular form
of betting on both sports and financial markets which is very
different from the fixed odds betting offered by the traditional
1. With spread betting the more right you are, the more you
win. Profits, and losses, are made in proportion to you unit
stake, but this stake is not the limit of your financial risk.
Placing a £10 at the traditional bookmakers means all
that can be lost is £10. With spread betting you can
win and lose many multiples of your £10 stake.
2. With spread betting you can back things to do well, or
to do badly. Predict if the bookie have it right or wrong,
the more right you are the more you win. If you think the
event will go better than the prediction you will want to
go high (BUY), however, if you predict things to go badly
you will go low (SELL). You don't even have to be exactly
right, either as long as you are in the right direction, you
will make a profit. See our spread
betting guide for more.
3. Betting 'In-Running' allows you to take a profit or cut
a loss as the prices change. See our Betting
In-Running page for details.
4. With a limited risk account you can experience the excitement
of spread betting with the benefit of a safety net. With these
accounts you will know the maximum you can win / loose on
each bet. More about account
5. Spread betting offers many markets on all different types
of sports. Not only events for winning and losing events (called
supremacy bets), but also those on total numbers and special
bets on events such as total number of bookings in a football
match. See Types of Bets
for more details.
6. Spread Betting is regulated by the regulated by the FSA
(Financial Services Authority).
7. Spread bet in the comfort of your own home or office via
the internet. Risk free spread bets of amazing values are
available for new customers.